1. Tell us a little about yourself and your blog. My blog is brand new. I have to make a confession. I am not a lover of blogging. I am not a lover of photography. I actually used to work as a wedding photographer and photo editor before the digital camera boom. After spending several years editing, downloading, organizing photo files… I got burned out. Now, I look at a digital SLR and think, “I’d rather just use the camera on my phone”. I do love to share fun and creative ideas back and forth with other artisans, and so…..I will blog.
2. How and when did you start crafting/blogging? I am sure this answer is the same for most of these talented ladies in the competition. I don’t even have memories of my first craft. That is how young I was.
3. How often do you craft? Never. This is why I entered the competition. I have a list a mile long of projects I would like to do, but I never get to them. I am thrilled about this competition because I am dedicating spare moments to something that I love to do. It is so refreshing.
4. Where do you get your inspiration? Furniture. It is true. I have a love obsession with furniture. In the wee hours of the morn, my husband has caught me up looking online at furniture. I love console tables made of metal and rare woods, and unique upholstered furniture with clean lines. Call me crazy.
5. What is your favorite medium to work in? I am a painter. I got my bachelor’s degree in fine art. My emphasis was painting.
6. What is your guilty pleasure? Diet Coke. Wait, no. I don’t feel guilty about that. It is just a pleasure.
7. What makes you smile? Well, my cute little kiddos… but I do have a place in my heart for really clever comedy.
8. What is your favorite thing to do (other than crafting)? I like to read. I love historical literature and biographies. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
SYTYC may from time to time accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship or other forms of compensation. Compensation received will not influence the editorial content. If I'm not honestly excited about a product, I won't write about it.