*Hey everybody! Season 14 of So You Think You’re Crafty is going to be fantastic. However, it won’t be starting until the New Year – we decided to let the crafters have a little break and family time too . But I have a great schedule of guest posts and shop spotlights lined up from now until then. Have a great Holiday season and see you all after the New Year!*
Since the holidays are coming up I thought it would be nice to get into the spirit and share something I love to give away as a present, or have at all those holiday parties. I’m going to be giving you a recipe for Andes Mint Bark. It’s a chocolatey delicious take on peppermint bark…and in my opinion (and my husbands!) can’t be beat!
16 ounces of Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
12 ounces of Bakers white chocolate
Splash of peppermint extract
Crushed up Andes Mints (You can buy these or make them yourself)
How to make your bark:
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, or double boiler (as long as you melt it, doesn’t matter how).
- Pour and spread chocolate into a 13×9 pan that is covered in parchment paper.
- Put this in fridge and wait until it is hardened.
- After the first layer is good and hard, melt the white chocolate in a microwaveable bowl.
- Splash some peppermint extract in the white chocolate and stir. However much or however little your peppermint loving heart desires!
- Pour this mixture over the dark chocolate. *Be careful when spreading this mix it will tend to make the darker chocolate mix with it if you push too hard!
- Place this in the refrigerator for about 3-4 minutes, not to get hard just to firm up a bit.
- Once firmed pour Andes Mints onto the top layer and lightly press the pieces into the chocolate.
- Place whole thing back into fridge and firm for 3-4 hours
- Get out of fridge and have fun breaking up that bark!
Now you are ready to put your bark in a cute mason jar or tin or something cute like that!!
Look at how pretty that is…plus it looks impressive!So give it a try and give your friends, family, and guests a minty, chocolatey, homemade and easy gift for the holidays!
Thanks for reading and make sure to stop by Domestically Modern sometime!